Meet the Firefighter; September

Emilio Fernandez
Retired

Written By: James Voight
Date of Draft: 06/SEP/2019
Date of Release: 08/SEP/2019

| Edition Introduction |

The Public Relations Division has thought of a new way to bring you information about what we do and who the people that serve you are. This is the first installation of the "Meet the Firefighter" series where we will show case some of the brave men and women who serve you day and night, every day. For the first edition, we're starting off with Fire Lieutenant Mikayla Edwards.

| Fire Lieutenant Mikayla Edwards |

How long have you been a career firefighter in the city of Los Santos?

It has been a total of seven months now, I believe.

Why did you join the Los Santos Fire Department, what drew you to us?

I used to volunteer at a hospital in London where I lived for a few years prior to moving to Los Santos. When I moved here, I was looking for some sort of employment and then one day I noticed that the Los Santos Fire Department was hiring. And I knew that this is what I was looking for and I took the extra step to apply and go through training to be where I am today.

What do you do in the Los Santos Fire Department, what makes you what you are?

I am currently in charge of the Air Operations Division. I personally love flying and the possibility of being able to help people in the most critical moments, where time plays the most important piece of the puzzle, really gives me the power to push harder with training and self improvement. I also love every one who is apart of the fire department a lot of them are really good friends, we are like one big family.

What is it like doing what you do, being a Firefighter is known to be rough is it not?

Being a firefighter can be rough at times, that is beyond truthful honestly. That's why we have a hard training regime and always have to be up to par with our knowledge of current standards in both medical care and rescue operations, fire suppression tactics, and the latter.

What would you say to someone who wants to attempt and join the ranks of the Los Santos Fire Department?

Do it. It is the best thing you can do for your life and career.. you shouldn't worry either, because we have amazing training programs for people who are new to this and don't join with experience. This is an amazing job for any one who loves helping people and being the first person a person goes to for help - there is nothing better than saving a life, fighting a fire, or rescuing someone from a damaged vehicle after a car wreck. You won't regret the decision to apply and join our ranks.

| Edition Conclusion |

We are super excited to continue this series of articles for the public to enjoy and read. Our time frame for each new edition is likely going to be a month in between each new edition. Please don't be afraid to leave a comment and let us know how we're doing and maybe drop a suggestion for who you want us to cover next?

Code: Select all

Name:
Comment:

• Information