[05/JUN/2022] OPERATION SAFE FOREST AWARD CEREMONY STREAM

Carter Osby
Assistant Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Central Bureau

OPERATION SAFE FOREST AWARD CEREMONY STREAM
5th of June, 2022
LSFD Public Relations Trainee Emilia Jenkins
Image (L) SFM Chief Fire Marshal Jordan Jordan Wright, EMS Division Chief Patrycja Lipska, Battalion Chief Kurt Holland, SAPR Superintendent Frank Dooley
The Los Santos Fire Department hosted a ceremony on the 4th of June, the event was livestreamed by members of the Public Relations Division. The video-on-demand will be attached to this article. The Fire Department congratulates the staff that took part in Operation Safe Forests in partnership with the State Fire Marshal and San Andreas Park Rangers.

*A brief intermission is shown as the camera is turned on and positioned towards the podium*
State Fire Marshal Lena Aguero's name is shown on the screen.
Ladies 'n gentlemen, welcome all to the Operation Safe Forest Ceremony of 2022. I'd like to ask everyone to please rise for the national anthem of the United States of America.
Thank you, please be seated.
Let me begin by thanking Superintendent Dooley, Chief Wright, and Chief Holland for the opportunity and collaboration of carrying out Operation Safe Forest. You have honored me more than you know. Thank you.
Firefighters, EMT, Fire Marshals and Park Rangers all came together for this Operation, and together we've cleaned the State Parks of Los Santos County to prevent any potential wildfires.
On behalf of all three departments, I want to congratulate and encourage all of you you in your commitment to the work you've carried out during this Operation.
While the purpose of OSF was to indeed clean the State Parks, it was phenomenal to see all our people coming together and working as one team. It was a great journey that's come to an end today, though we hope to carry out OSF again on annually.
We've prepared something for all participants of OSF, something to have in memory and be proud of, and a way of us saying thank /you/.
We'll begin with the State Fire Marshal's Office, then move on to the Park Rangers, and finally to the Fire Department. If your name is called, please rise and approach the stand from my left.
I'd like to ask Chief Wright to help me present the awards to the Fire Marshals.
*The camera pans to the middle of the stage*
(L) Jordan Wright and (R) Lena Aguero's name is shown on the screen.
Fire Marshal Smith.
And— Sergeant Inferno.
Fire Marshal Smith, we'd like to thank you and your canine— officially Sergeant Inferno, for attending nearly every OSF patrol and being on the front lines. You've both gone above and beyond.
For going above and beyond, you are also being awarded the meritorious medal by our Chief. Congratulations.
Fire Marshal Jeong.
And— Sergeant Chaos. Not to forget.
Fire Marshal Jeong, you too have been on the front lines on nearly every OSF patrol. Together with Smith you've led our patrols on the front lines. Congratulations for your outstanding work!
You too have been awarded the Meritorious Service Medal by Chief Wright, for going above and beyond your duties.
Fire Marshal Calvani.
Fire Marshal Calvani, you've attended every single OSF patrol and took care of all our ride alongs, taking responsibility while also showcasing great attitude towards the public. Congratulations.
You are being awarded the Meritorious Service Medal for your outstanding work as well.
Last but not least, Fire Marshal Olson.
Fire Marshal Olson, you've only recently joined our department but you've shown yourself to be a quick and eager learner. You too have attended every OSF patrol, and helped us a great deal with getting the Parks cleaned. Congratulations.
You are being awarded the Meritorious Service Medal for going above and beyond your duties of getting the parks cleaned, and taking care of our ride alongs with Calvani.
Thank you, Chief Wright. If I could now have Superintendent Dooley accompany me.
*People on the stage shuffle around*
(L) Lena Aguero's and (R) Frank Dooley's name is shown on the screen.
Unfortunately— she is not here today, but we'd like to present a plaque to Sergeant Chrsity Evans, who was an absolute star. She organised all patrols for the State Parks' side, and was a great person to work and liaise with.
For her outstanding work, she has also been awarded the Meritorious Service Medal by Captain Graham— her mentor. I'd like to present you with both awards in her name.
And finally, I'd like to ask Chief Holland to accompany me.
*People on the stage shuffle around*
(L) Kurt Holland, Patrycja Lipska, (R) Lena Aguero's name is shown on the screen.
Once more, we'd like to thank the Fire Department's contribution to Operation Safe Forest. As the largest department between the three, you've all been the backbone of our Operation— and without you, it wouldn't be as much as a success.
For this reason, Chief Holland has commissioned a brand new medal and ribbon for those that have participated in OSF, and it's turned out to be quite beautiful.
I will call out a list of names. Upon being called, please approve from my left to accept your plaque and medal.
Probationary Firefighter Adalina Patricio.
Also— not here. We'd like to thank her nonetheless.
Volunteer Firefighter Alyx—andria Greyan.
Firefighter Mendel Howard.
Firefighter Akane Soto.
EMT— uh. Ama—
Amahale Muhthembu.
Sorry if I pronounced that wrong!— have we got her present?
Please approach.
Congratulations, thank you for your contribution and service!
Firefighter Mia Sultz.
Congratulations, and thank you for your service!
Firefighter... Keanu... Kehi.
Congratulations, firefighter! Thank you for your service.
Samantha Sultz.
Congratulations firefighter! Thank you for your service.
Sorry for my pronunciation— Paramedic Sommer... Merlin Waldo.
Congratulations, Paramedic!
Onto our engineers.
Volunteer engineer Brendan Finnemore.
Volunteer engineer Ramona Santiago.
Congratulations, Santiago!
Engineer Elaine Carpenter.
Engineer Leonidas Voss.
Congratulations, Voss.
Engineer Patrick Capra.
Engineer Tyler Wick.
Congratulations, Wick.
Next are the FD Public Relation people.
Emilia Jenkins.
Jennifer Schneider,
Elise Reyna
Congratulations!
Volunteer Captain Lance Cassidy,
Volunteer Captain Alex Randall,
EMS Captain Jade Stewart,
Fire Captain Lucas Morel,
Fire Captain Emily Khan
Fire Captain James Reinhart
Fire Captain Diana Simmons
Congratulations.
And that'd be all for the Fire Dpeartment, thank you all for your contribution.
I'll expect an OSF ribbon for my kid too when he or she is born— for participating as well.
It was an honour and pleasure serving you as the Operations Chief. Our paths will cross once more no doubt! See you on the field, everyone. Thank you.

*The footage slowly fades out, showing the Public Relations Division Logo, the stream shuts down a few moments later.*
Assistant Chief Carter Osby
Bureau Commander, Operations Bureau
  • Information