[16/JUN/2022] LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT HONORS OUR FALLEN HEROES

Carter Osby
Assistant Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Central Bureau

Los Santos Fire Department Honors Our Fallen Heroes
16th of June, 2022
LSFD Public Relations Trainee Emilia Jenkins
LSFD File Photo - Funeral Captain Jack Wolfsbane - Dated 2019.
The Los Santos Fire Department will be lowering its flags to half-mast to commemorate our fallen heroes who have died in the line of duty, the department will observe San Andreas Fire & Medical First Responders Weeks which was passed on the 21st of May, it's set to last for 2 weeks. It was introduced by a friend of the department, formerly Public Relations Supervisor Scarlet Summers, and Senator Adrian Rossi. The Los Santos Fire Department thanks the San Andreas State Senate for passing this bill.

The Los Santos Fire Department responded to 45000 calls last year, averaging 95 calls per day, the Department prides itself on providing outstanding community service work, life-saving treatment, and Fire and Rescue capabilities. Serving the people of Los Santos County is our primary goal and will always be our goal, our Career, Volunteer, and Civilian Staff work around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. In 2021, we lost 3 colleagues, our family, and our friends, we thank them for the sacrifices they have made to serve the people of Los Santos County, they'll remain forever in our hearts.

The Department is proud of our Firefighters who valiantly tackle a large variety of complex scenes ranging from commercial structure fires, MVA's, and technical rescues. Our Emergency Medical Technicians tackle hazardous scenes ranging from Mass Casualty Incidents, active shooters, and MVA's alongside our Firefighters. Finally, our civilian staff covers a variety of roles from Public Relations, Support Services, and Training and Recruitment.
Firefighters, those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice serving this City, the names of which will never be forgotten, these are the people that will forever be engraved within the heart of the Los Santos Fire Department. To save lives by running into burning buildings when everyone is running out is a true testament to the character, and bravery, of a firefighter and the definition of a true hero. The fallen brothers and sisters will never be forgotten for their service to the Fire Department and the great City of Los Santos.

In honor and tribute to all of those fallen firefighters, we are grateful to the Senate and the People of San Andreas for passing the resolution presented to them. The ever-present danger in this job is something we can never underestimate; we hope that the list of fallen firefighters does not extend. Whilst our firefighters might be trained to run into buildings that are on fire, we prioritize safety, but we can never guarantee that a firefighter will return from that dangerous situation unharmed, for that reason, we are whole-heartedly thankful for our servicemen and women, first responders and those out there that actively put their lives on the line for the wellbeing of others every waking day.

- Fire Chief Gary Young
Fallen Brothers and Sisters

Firefighter Klaus DeRusso - 26/OCT/2018
Captain Jack Wolfsbane - 28/JAN/2019
Captain Laura Murphy - 26/APR/2020
Probationary Firefighter Sakura Watanabe - 30/JUL/2020
Probationary Firefighter Amelie Wolff - 13/OCT/2020
Captain Cain Sanderson - 26/OCT/2020
Public Relations Director Freddy Mellet - 23/NOV/2020
Firefighter I/EMT Torstein Lindström - 27/NOV/2020
Engineer Isabel Lopez - 03/MAR/2021
Firefighter Edward Millers - 06/APR/2021
Engineer Freddie Martinez 12/APR/2021
Engineer Essie Beck - 29/JUL/2021
When I am called to duty, God, whenever flames may rage;
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child before it’s too late
Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling to give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor and protect their property.
And if, according to my fate, I am to lose my life;
Please bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.
- Firefighters Prayer
Assistant Chief Carter Osby
Bureau Commander, Operations Bureau
  • Information