(( Memorandum #57: Structural Changes in EMS Division and Laterals ))

Kurt Holland
Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Station 3

(( Memorandum #57: Structural Changes in EMS Division and Laterals ))

Post by Kurt Holland » 16 Jun 2021, 19:45

. Image Image
MEMORANDUM #57

The Chief/Company Officers of Los Santos Fire Department has released Memorandum nr. 57 in order to provide an in-depth explanation to EMS Division structure and their progression from Probationary Emergency Medical Technician to Senior Paramedic. The following table presents the corresponding ranks of both sectors:

The EMS rank structure has been implemented along with the division leader Captain II Gary Young and are in immediate effect as of 16/JUN/2021. All EMS personnel can receive Paramedic training as EMTs (if T&R) to attain the rank Paramedic I. This comes with a trade-off by extending their length of service (up to 60) to establish a fair ground for non-T&R EMTs who are required to serve 30 full days in the rank.

EMS RANK PROGRESSION:
    • ➼ Probationary EMT + Completion of Field Training Program ➼ EMT.

➼ EMT + Anytime if T&R ➼ Paramedic I.
      OR EMT + 30 Days Served ➼ Paramedic I.

➼ Paramedic I + (60 - Days served as EMT) ➼ Paramedic II.
      ** (If a T&R EMT is certified as Paramedic in their 10th day as EMT; must serve 50 days for promotion.)
      OR Paramedic I + 30 Days Served ➼ Paramedic II.

➼ Paramedic II + 30 Days Served ➼ Senior Paramedic (application-based).

LATERAL TRANSFERS:
    Lateral Transfers (LAT) allows the members of Los Santos Fire Department the opportunity to interchange their sectors with no noticeable benefit. A letter-of-interest must be submitted to Company Officers detailing the reasons as to why you are interested in relocating. The following conditions must be met in order to complete the transfer:
    • If the candidate is Firefighter:
      ➼ Is offered the corresponding EMS rank.

If the candidate is EMT/Paramedic:
      ➼ Is offered a Firefighting rank based on Command discussion with an additional 1-month long probation period.

If the candidate is Lifeguard (for Firefighting):
      ➼ Must undergo fire academy to receive either Probationary Firefighter/EMT or Volunteer Firefighter.

If the candidate is Lifeguard (for EMS):
      ➼ Must undergo an evaluation for their medical skills. Can either be offered Probationary EMT+ or Volunteer EMS.

Regards,
      Battalion Chief Kurt Holland.
      On behalf of Los Santos Fire Department Chief Officers.

"THE SUPERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS RIGHT; THE INFERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT WILL SELL." — CONFUCIUS Image