Randy Sikes
Assistant Chief
Primary Assignment: Special Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Headquarters

[OCT 2020] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Randy Sikes » 01 Nov 2020, 23:49

⠀⠀LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT⠀⠀
⠀⠀MONTHLY BULLETIN NEWSLETTER #28 - OCTOBER 2020⠀⠀

Welcome to the Twenty-Eighth Monthly News Bulletin.

Throughout the month of October, a lot has been changing. In the month of October, the Los Santos Fire Department focuses on improving it's response time by renewing the fleet, Stations One and Four join the Volunteer Program and become fully operational, as well as a New Deputy Chief is sworn into Departmental Operations.

The department overall has made some strong strides in overcoming it's inabilities, and focused on coverage, response and durability. Following this trend, the Los Santos Fire Department is on track to remaining Courageous, and providing the Integrity and Pride that you have come to expect.
Fleet Monthly

Written by: Arnold Angel
Published: 23/OCT/2020

In this month's segment of Fleet Monthly, we put the spotlight on our brand new 2020 MTL Fire Engines!

The 2020 MTL Fire Apparatus Engines were first introduced to the department in the month of August. The engines are retrofitted to suit the specific needs of the department. The MTL's offer an inline-six under the cab, pushing around five hundred and fifty horsepower. The engines are suited with a turbocharger powered by diesel with fuel efficiency and low-end torque in mind. The Department boasts a whopping number of seven units in total, one of which being specialized in heavy rescue.

Our units are stocked and ready to respond to a wide variety of calls. As a department, no call is ever the same so our engines respond to medical calls that are deemed fit as well as fire calls. The engines are stocked to the roof with tools and equipment to help get the job done. From Hydraulic Rams, Cutters and Spreaders to Medical Supplies such as our Oxygen Bottles, Burn Blankets, BLS and ALS bags and more.

All of the department's triple combination apparatuses are fitted with 4 types of foam for the various fire calls we attend to. Our Class A is ordinary water which we can get a continues supply via one of our 800ft 4" Supply Lines which are housed at the back of our apparatus. Our Class B is foam ideal for hazardous material that reacts badly with water such as gasoline, Alkali Metals and more. Our Class C dry powder can be used on almost all fires except fat/oil fires, dry powder is typically used to put out gas fires although our firefighters will always try and get the gas supply shut off before deploying the dry powder. Last but not least we have our Class D Wet Chemical, Wet Chemical can be used on Organic Materials but is mainly used to put out Deep Fat Oil Fires such as Olive Oil, Fat or any kind of oil that has a high burning point.
The Los Santos Fire Department is made up of a dedicated team of employees who serve Los Santos and surrounding areas with courage, integrity and pride every day of their lives. Over the next couple of weeks you'll be able to learn a bit more about the individuals that give it their all to keep you safe and well.

This week, Public Relations sat down with Station Three's Captain Molly Steele of USAR Task Force 3. Molly talks to us about her motivations for joining the Los Santos Fire Department, what she enjoys about the work and advice for those looking to become a firefighter.
Interview Transcript

What made you want to be a Firefighter and join the Los Santos Fire Department?
"Prior to 2011 I worked for San Andreas Medical Services, frequently staging for fire calls, my adrenaline fanatic personality coupled with my love of helping others, gave me the desire to get involved. I wanted to be inside the fire, I wanted the adrenaline of fighting the fire from inside and the overall sense of achievement once the fire is out and the people are saved. Truth be told it just seemed more 'bad-ass'."

What motivates you in your job role or in the department in general?
"Once the fire is out the world is a better place. It's a compulsive need to do what ever possible to put that fire out, to rescue the people. That's both literally and figuratively speaking; the same applies to mountain rescues, high angle rope operations and other high octane incidents. I guess you could say it's an adrenaline-junkies high, to be in an extremely dangerous situation - yet we do it to save a life, and that's the best feeling there is. So every minute of everyday is spent working towards that goal; train train and train! It motivates me to work knowing that what I and my fellow Firefighters do will contribute to saving a life."

How do you deal with the day-today stress of the job, being a Firefighter?
"I focus on the bigger goal of the fire service to save lives and protect property, and as a Captain that's a goal I share with my fellow Firefighters. You don't think about the stress if you're constantly 'on the go', whether that be training or responding to calls - that's why it's important to have time to 'unwind', this may be just hanging out with your fellow Firefighters around the table or spending time by yourself; reading, watching TV, cooking...etc. Personally I spend my time planning, both on and off duty. I watch training videos, I read the paper to learn about all the new developments in our city, I walk different places and drive different roads. I like to do a lot of research into our area and also discover different techniques in fire and rescue. This knowledge improves mine and others work in the field, while also helping me to unwind from the stress.
"

Whats your favourite part of working for the Los Santos Fire Department?
"The low frequency high risk calls and training - tower rescues, dive calls, cave searches and also structure fires. I'd be lying if I didn't say we're adrenaline junkies and better yet we're saving a life - what can be better than that? There's also the comradery and social spirit; it's a strong bond that no other work environment has."

Whats any advice you'd give to someone who wants to join the Los Santos Fire Department?
"Be a sponge - soak up as much as you can. Ask questions, attend training, ride along, try things out, make mistakes and just keep developing yourself."
PUBLIC RELATIONS DIVISION
Every month we feature a division in which the division's leader can make a statement on exciting upcoming things and accomplishments.
PR Director Alice MacCarthy:
"2020 has been a year of progress for the Public Relations team as a Division. Directors have come and gone and we have had our hurdles to combat. But, as a team, Public Relations has always come out stronger than it was. October has been no different.

October saw a dramatic increase in interest in the Public Relations division as well as the Los Santos Fire Department as a whole, from members of the public to media outlets and the team has always taken great pleasure in building bridges between members of the department and those interested in our work. From setting up University programmes with ULSA to liaising with Los Santos News Network. Even now, we will continue our work to communicate with the public and educate people on the work the Los Santos Fire Department does.

Despite October lacking major change for the Public Relations divison, we have many events in the pipeline planned to close out the year and while we aren't ready to delve into details just yet, I hope you will look forward to them as much as we are looking forward to hosting them for you.
"

Every month the Lifeguard Chief will be able to speak on behalf of their division informing everyone in the newsletter what the lifeguards have been up to and where they're headed. See below for what they had to say!
Lifeguard Chief Jack Newman:
"As you might have seen over the past month, a number of people within the Lifeguard Division have been wearing pink t-shirts or vests in support of breast cancer awareness and all other forms of cancer. As all of you know cancer is a horrible disease that everyone is vulnerable to and everything that we can do to help the aid the research into ways to stop it is of great importance. I encourage anyone to help out raise awareness in any way that they can.

As a division we have been lucky to have three very ambitious and hard working trainee lifeguards over the month of October, and we are working hard in order to get them fully trained and become full certified lifeguards. As a division we are also looking into more trainings that better our lifeguards into helping those out to sea in watercrafts and not primarily focusing on just the beach. Especially due to summer almost being over this is something we really want to strive towards, making it so that we are able to help people that are caught in bad weather or having problems deeper out to sea. Remember, the beach doesn't get any safer once the summer is over.

I would like to finish off with saying that if there are any firefighters ranked above probationary then they can join as a member of the Lifeguard Division as a trainee volunteer lifeguard.
"

Awards

Throughout each month, various awards are issued to show accomplishments and certifications that have been accumulated through hard work and dedication, find below the awards that were issued this month!
[+] Firefighter Awards
Firefighter Awards

This award is obtainable by being voted as the Firefighter of the Month in monthly Supervisory discussions. This month we congratulate the following person:

Firefighter II David Garner

In contrast to Firefighter of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown during Firefighter Probation. This month we congratulate the following person:

Probationary Firefighter Mitch Linwood

This award is given to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for three consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter III Jess Williams
Firefighter II Patrycja Lipska
Firefighter I Rebecca Spencer
Firefighter I Alice MacCarthy
Firefighter I Isebel Lopez

Awarded to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for nine consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Engineer Taylor Porter
Firefighter III Rachel Campbell[/b]

⠀⠀⠀ Image

Awarded to those who have successfully achieved the rank of Captain I. This month we congratulate the following person:

Captain I Itsuki Aoyama
Captain I Aloona Vetrova

Awarded to those who have successfully passed the State mandated Basic Life Support course and gained the EMT-B license. This month we congratulate the following people:

Probationary Firefighter Nina Miller
Probationary Firefighter Lech Ostroski
Probationary Firefighter Thomas Reed
Volunteer Firefighter August Lyons

Awarded to those who have successfully completed Paramedic training provided by the Training & Recruitment division. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter III Jess Williams
Firefigher III Rachel Campbell
Firefighter II Samantha Lee
Firefighter I Jefferson Kay
Firefighter II Nick Deimous
Firefighter II Kenneth Boyd

Awarded to those who have successfully completed the Class A Emergency Vehicle Operator Course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter II Arwen Conway
Firefighter I Brandon Johnston
Firefighter I Geun Ryu
Firefighter I Alice MacCarthy
Firefighter I Isebel Lopez
Firefighter I Clarke MacKayv
Firefighter I Dylan Brewer

Awarded to those who have successfully completed the Class B Emergency Vehicle Operator Course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter I Brandon Johnston
Probationary Firefighter Nina Miller
Probationary Firefighter Thomas Reed
Probationary Firefighter Naomi Eveson

Awarded to those who have gone above and beyond of what is expected of them and have been harmed or killed in the line of duty. This month we sadly congratulate the following people:

Probationary Firefighter Amelie Wolff
[+] Lifeguard Awards
Lifeguard Awards

In contrast to Lifeguard of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown from a trainee Lifeguard. This month we congratulate the following person:

Trainee Lifeguard Scarlett Fox

Given upon successful completion of the Basic Life Support course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Trainee Volunteer Lifeguard Elaina Evelyn

Given upon successful completion of the Emergency Medical Response course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Lifeguard Dante Rosenberg

Given upon successful completion of the paramedic course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Given upon successful completion of the EVOC Class C course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Lifeguard Kariem Hassan

Given upon successful completion of the Jetski / Seashark course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Trainee Volunteer Lifeguard Ai Ando

To the end of every month, members who are due a promotion are discussed by all Supervisory members of the Los Santos Fire Department. Members who have shown dedication, enthusiasm, maturity and have completed the requirements of their rank, are recommended for promotion before Chiefs of the department make the final decision. Below are the members who have successfully received promotions!
[+] Firefighter Promotions

⠀Probationary Firefighter to Firefighter I
  • Jackie Kerwood
  • Isabel Lopez
  • Clarke MacKay
  • Lilith Seong
  • Alice MacCarthy
  • Dylan Brewer

⠀Firefighter I to Firefighter II
  • Jefferson Kay
  • Jimmy Bufalino
  • David Garner
  • Rebecca Spencer

⠀Firefighter II to Firefighter III
  • Samantha Lee
  • Patrycja Lipska
  • Nick Deimous
  • Kenneth Boyd

⠀Firefighter III to Captain I
  • Aloona Vetrova

⠀Battalion Chief to Deputy Chief
  • Nicole Schneider
[+] Lifeguard Promotions

⠀Trainee Lifeguard to Lifeguard
  • Amy Madox
  • Dante Rosenberg
  • Kariem Hassan

Below is listed our current number of members at each rank in the Los Santos Fire Department.

⠀Chief Officers:
  • Fire Chief: 1
  • Assistant Chiefs: 0
  • Deputy Chiefs: 1
  • Battalion Chiefs: 3

⠀Company Officers:
  • Captain II: 3
  • Captain I: 3

⠀Non-Commissioned Staff:
  • Engineers: 6
  • Firefighter III: 5
  • Firefighter II: 9
  • Firefighter I: 20
  • Probationary Firefighters: 7
  • Voluntary Firefighters: 6
  • Civilian Staff: 4

⠀Lifeguards:
  • Chief Lifeguard: 1
  • Lifeguard Captains: 1
  • Lifeguards: 5
  • Lifeguard Trainees: 5

⠀Total members: 76

Every month the chief leaves his own statement at the end of every newsletter taking an overlook of the department from his perspective, below you can find what he had to say this month.
Fire Chief Randy Sikes:
"Hello, everyone.

Please congratulate the individuals who earned a promotion this month, as well as those who went above and beyond and earned an award. The hard-working attitude in this department continues to amaze me.

This month we retired several vehicles, put several new vehicles in-service, and upgraded several existing vehicles. This month, the command team will be looking at rolling out a few more regulation updates, including another update to the radio communication policy and the full implementation of our Computer-Aided Dispatch system. Along with this, we will roll out a guide and procedures for the dispatcher role. If anyone has any questions, please let us know.

We are still looking for a replacement for the Quint, however do not expect that to come this month.

Lastly, I'd like to thank everybody for such hard work. One of the most important things in pushing a department forward is members who are go-getters and willing to go above and beyond to get things done. That's what you've all been doing, so keep it up.
"
Created by the Public Relations Division. Thanks for reading!

Facebrowser | Press Releases | Join us!

Samantha Schultz
Senior Paramedic
Primary Assignment: EMS Division
Station Assignment: Station 7

Re: [NOV 2020] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Samantha Schultz » 01 Nov 2020, 23:54

Congratulations everyone!
Senior Paramedic Samantha Schultz

Kurt Holland
Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Station 3

Post by Kurt Holland » 01 Nov 2020, 23:56

Congratulations, folks. Keep up the good job!
"THE SUPERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS RIGHT; THE INFERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT WILL SELL." — CONFUCIUS Image

Aloona Vetrova
Captain I

Post by Aloona Vetrova » 01 Nov 2020, 23:56

Congratulations everyone!!
Aloona Vetrova
Captain I - Station Seven
Badge: #26909
Assistant Director of Recruitment - Training & Recruitment
Junior Inspector - Internal Affairs
Repairman - Support Services

Serving since 16th March 2020
[+] Awards
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Rosetta Castano
Retired
Primary Assignment: Public Relations Division
Station Assignment: Headquarters

Post by Rosetta Castano » 01 Nov 2020, 23:56

Congrats people!!

ASST. DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS | Rosetta Castano
[email protected]
Phone Number: 456-456

Mitch Linwood
Retired

Post by Mitch Linwood » 02 Nov 2020, 00:12

Congratulations to everyone!

Nolan Medrano
Battalion Chief
Station Assignment: Station 7

Post by Nolan Medrano » 02 Nov 2020, 00:20

Congrats to everyone!

N. Medrano
Director of Training & Recruitment

Isaac Puentes
Retired

Post by Isaac Puentes » 02 Nov 2020, 00:22

Congratulations!

Victoria Johnston
Retired

Post by Victoria Johnston » 02 Nov 2020, 00:51

Congratulations everyone! Such a great month. Let's keep this momentum as we go into November!
FIREFIGHTER II/PARAMEDIC
LS COUNTY LIFEGUARDS
PUBLIC RELATIONS
STATION SEVEN
EL BURRO, LOS SANTOS
VOLUNTEER LIFEGUARD
PUBLIC AFFAIRS CONSULTANT

Jess Williams
Retired Battalion Chief
Station Assignment: Station 1