Randy Sikes
Assistant Chief
Primary Assignment: Special Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Headquarters

[FEB 2021] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Randy Sikes » 02 Mar 2021, 17:49

⠀⠀LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT⠀⠀
⠀⠀MONTHLY BULLETIN NEWSLETTER #32 - February 2021⠀⠀

February has been and gone, twenty eight days of progress of 2021 and the end brings us to Newsletter thirty two.

With Training and Recruitment still wrapping up the latest Recruitment drive with classes. February has already seen seven new probationary firefighters begin their careers at Station Seven in El Burro Heights and the introduction of the Firefighter II Certification for those wanting to progress in their careers to Captain. As well as welcoming a team of new Engineers.

Lifeguards, Public Relations and all things Los Santos Fire Department wise has seen a boost this month. With the year in full swing, we've seen our first few attendances to Public Events and we can only see this year getting much better for the department.

For years, I had been on the frontline as a Firefighter and for a short while, behind the desk investigating arsons with the State Fire Marshals. Never once thinking of a career based around the beach. Until my departure from the State Fire Marshals and my enrollment in the Los Santos County Lifeguards of Vespucci Beach.

My first shift started off wholesome enough with my induction, Lilith Seong. Or as she's known in to other Firefighters and Lifeguards alike, Lilypad. Gives me a tour Tower One, showing me the locker room, the kitchen, the sleeping quarters and introducing me to one of the Section Chiefs, Lifeguard Iglesias. Lilypad explains that while she's a Lifeguard first, she also splits her time to Station Seven as a Firefighter Three.

While I had never thought of a home being the Lifeguard tower, it soon grows to feel like a second home. My first being oh so close to the beach in a small Del Perro apartment. But, with Lilypad it's down to business as she takes me on my first patrol around Vespucci Beach, showing me what to look out for as we drive down onto Del Perro's beach and down to the Rock pool. Where we find a lonesome chap sat in his car, as we quickly assist him and he's on his way. I take the moment to take in the views of the beach. As a member of the public, you see a different side to the beach than a Lifeguard. But, it's the beauty of Los Santos no matter how you look at it.

Other than that, the Los Santos beaches are on their off-season with the winter. Though, it's nearly at its end. This seems to usually be the quietest time of the year with likely beach-goers, swimmers, surfers and the like waiting until the weather warms up. But, the Life of a Lifeguard never rests when it comes to looking after the beach as if it was our own backyard. Tending to it and making sure it's ready for the summer when the citizens of Los Santos are expected to come back in their droves, looking for a slice of the summer beach time fun to be had.

Every month the Lifeguard Chief will be able to speak on behalf of their division informing everyone in the newsletter what the lifeguards have been up to and where they're headed. See below for what they had to say!
Lifeguard Chief Arianna Iglesias:
"During the month of February 2021 the Lifeguard Division has made subtle changes to the way the recruitment of the division works. The Lifeguards Training and Recruitment Sub Section now works on a lot closer grounds with the Fire Departments Training and Recruitment Division to improve the recruitment process for applicants as well as the training process for Trainee Lifeguards undergoing their EMT-B and Evoc training.

The 14th saw the first joint training drill between the Lifeguard Division and the Urban Search and Rescue Division. A joint drill was put together in order to improve teamwork between the two Divisions to locate a diver in distress within the regions of Paleto's coastal path. The drill was a good success and saw the diver being located and brought up to the surface every time in less than fifteen minutes. Hopefully in the future the two Divisions can work together on many more occasions and many more scenarios, possibly including other Divisions such as the Air Operations Division.

I would like to finally Volunteer Lifeguard Captain Lilith Seong for her continuing efforts in making the Division a better place. She is always committed to her work and offers to help out wherever she can, currently working on the marine life side of the Lifeguard Division. Putting in place clear guides on how to protect ourselves against the marine life in our oceans as well as ways we can protect them against us. Volunteer Lifeguard Captain Seong has been awarded the Lifeguards Chiefs Award for her efforts and her continued dedication to the Lifeguard Division.
"

Awards

Throughout each month, various awards are issued to show accomplishments and certifications that have been accumulated through hard work and dedication, find below the awards that were issued this month!
[+] Firefighter Awards
Firefighter Awards

This award is obtainable by being voted as the Firefighter of the Month in monthly Supervisory discussions. This month we congratulate the following person:

Firefighter III Angel Kaye

In contrast to Firefighter of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown during Firefighter Probation. This month we congratulate the following person:

Firefighter I Essie Beck

This award is given to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for three consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter III Gary Foster
Firefighter III Dylan Brewer
Firefighter II Mia Shultz
Civilian Staff Elise Reyna

Awarded to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for six consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter III Alice Fjellhol
Engineer Kenneth Boyd

Awarded to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for nine consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter III Elaina Evelyn

Awarded to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for one consecutive year. This month we congratulate the following people:

Deputy Chief Patrick Moore

Awarded to those who have successfully passed the State mandated Basic Life Support course and gained the EMT-B license. This month we congratulate the following people:

Probationary Firefighter Simon Ballard

Awarded to those who have successfully completed Paramedic training provided by the Training & Recruitment division. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter I Sophie Carricker
Firefighter I Essie Beck
Firefighter II Mel Han
Firefighter II Mia Schultz
Firefighter II Katelyn McLeod
Firefighter II Dylan Brewer

Awarded to those who have successfully completed the Class A Emergency Vehicle Operator Course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter I Sophie Carricker
Firefighter I Hayden Helmsley
Firefighter I Essie Beck
Firefighter I Sarah Foley
Firefighter I Corleone Dodson
Probationary Firefighter Lucas Morel

Awarded to those who have successfully completed the Class B Emergency Vehicle Operator Course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter II Mel Han
Probationary Firefighter Ryan Torres
Probationary Firefighter Finley O'Dwyer
Probationary Firefighter Simon Ballard
Probationary Firefighter Ramona Santiago

Awarded to those who have gone above and beyond of what is expected of them and have been harmed or killed in the line of duty. This month we sadly congratulate the following people:

Firefighter I Raz Reeves
[+] Lifeguard Awards
Lifeguard Awards

Awarded to those who have taken and passed their Lifeguard evaluation.This month we congratulate the following people:

Lifeguard Kaiya Saito
Lifeguard Alex Jorgensen

Given upon successful completion of the EVOC Class C course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Lifeguard Kaiya Saito
Lifeguard Alex Jorgensen

Given to those selected by the Chief Lifeguard for acts of bravery, dedication and commitment. This month we congratulate the following people:

Volunteer Lifeguard Captain Lilith Seong

Awarded to those who have completed the Rescue Diver training. This month we congratulate the following people:

Lifeguard Captain Amy Maddox
Volunteer Lifeguard Captain Lilith Seong
Volunteer Lifeguard Isabel Lopez
Lifeguard Alex Jorgensen

To the end of every month, members who are due a promotion are discussed by all Supervisory members of the Los Santos Fire Department. Members who have shown dedication, enthusiasm, maturity and have completed the requirements of their rank, are recommended for promotion before Chiefs of the department make the final decision. Below are the members who have successfully received promotions!
[+] Firefighter Promotions

⠀Probationary Firefighter to Firefighter I
  • Sophie Carricker
  • Hayden Helmsley
  • Corleone Dodson
  • Tessa Lee
  • Dwight Dennis
  • Essie Beck
  • Lucas Morel
  • Sarah Foley
  • Tae-Yeon Kae

⠀Firefighter II to Firefighter III
  • Mia Shultz
  • Angel Kaye
  • Katelyn McLeod
  • Mel Han

⠀Firefighter III to Engineer
  • Alex Randall
  • Isabel Lopez
  • Leland Wilcox
  • Clarke MacKay

⠀Engineer to Captain I
  • Jess Williams
  • Patrycja Lipska
[+] Lifeguard Promotions

⠀Trainee Lifeguard to Lifeguard
  • Kaiya Saito
  • Alex Jorgensen

⠀Captain Lifeguard to Lifeguard Chief
  • Arianna Iglesias

Below is listed our current number of members at each rank in the Los Santos Fire Department.

⠀Chief Officers:
  • Fire Chief: 1
  • Assistant Chiefs: 0
  • Deputy Chiefs: 2
  • Battalion Chiefs: 0

⠀Company Officers:
  • Captain II: 2
  • Captain I: 4

⠀Non-Commissioned Staff:
  • Engineers: 12
  • Firefighter III: 11
  • Firefighter II: 1
  • Firefighter I: 10
  • Probationary Firefighters: 13
  • Voluntary Firefighters: 13
  • Civilian Staff: 2

⠀Lifeguards:
  • Chief Lifeguard: 1
  • Lifeguard Section Chief: 1
  • Lifeguard Captains: 2
  • Lifeguards: 5
  • Lifeguard Trainees: 6

⠀Total members: 76

Every month the chief leaves his own statement at the end of every newsletter taking an overlook of the department from his perspective, below you can find what he had to say this month.
Fire Chief Randy Sikes:
"Hello, everyone.

I'll keep it short and sweet this time around; congratulations to everyone who earned a promotion or award this month. I have no further announcements this month aside from giving everyone a reminder of the recent radio policy memorandum that we announced a short time ago. Please take the time to review it if you have not already.

I'm continuously amazed at the drive of everyone in this department, so keep it up and we will keep being excellent.

Regards,
Chief Sikes.
"
Created by the Public Relations Division. Thanks for reading!

Facebrowser | Press Releases | Join us!

Dylan Brewer
Civilian

Re: [FEB 2021] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Dylan Brewer » 02 Mar 2021, 17:51

Congratulations everybody!

Jennifer Harding
Civilian

Post by Jennifer Harding » 02 Mar 2021, 17:53

Congratulations!
(( LOA till 20/MAR/21 ))

Samantha Schultz
Senior Paramedic
Primary Assignment: EMS Division
Station Assignment: Station 7

Post by Samantha Schultz » 02 Mar 2021, 17:56

congrats everyone!
Senior Paramedic Samantha Schultz

Rosetta Castano
Retired
Primary Assignment: Public Relations Division
Station Assignment: Headquarters

Post by Rosetta Castano » 02 Mar 2021, 18:08

Congrats peoples

ASST. DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS | Rosetta Castano
[email protected]
Phone Number: 456-456

Nolan Medrano
Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau

Post by Nolan Medrano » 02 Mar 2021, 18:17

Congrats.

N. Medrano
Director of Training & Recruitment

Kurt Holland
Battalion Chief
Station Assignment: Station 3

Post by Kurt Holland » 02 Mar 2021, 18:19

Congratulations, everyone.
"THE SUPERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS RIGHT; THE INFERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT WILL SELL." — CONFUCIUS Image

Sophie Carricker
Retired

Post by Sophie Carricker » 02 Mar 2021, 18:49

Congrats everyone, everyone deserves another award, the POB! Pat on the back!

Jess Williams
Retired Battalion Chief
Station Assignment: Station 1

Post by Jess Williams » 02 Mar 2021, 19:51

Congrats!
Battalion Chief - Battalion 2 (#34843) Image

Michael Emery
Engineer
Primary Assignment: Truck Company

Post by Michael Emery » 03 Mar 2021, 02:05

A good read of last month's newsletter produced by our wonderful Public Relations team.
I particularly want to congratulate the newest members to our company; Firefighter Angel Kaye who is Firefighter of the Month as well as Firefighter Essie Beck who was Rookie of the Month!
Engineer Michael Emery
Badge: #79050
Station: #7 / Shift: #B

Truck 7
[+] Formers
Ret. Captain II Molly Steele
Badge: #26662
Station: #3 / Shift: #A
Urban Search & Rescue Unit Commander
Logistics Officer
Training Officer
Ret. Deputy Chief Chloe MacKenzie