Randy Sikes
Assistant Chief
Primary Assignment: Special Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Headquarters

[JUN 2020] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Randy Sikes » 01 Jul 2020, 15:40

⠀⠀LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT⠀⠀
⠀⠀MONTHLY BULLETIN NEWSLETTER #24 - JUNE 2020⠀⠀

It's the twenty-fourth newsletter already?!

Between a new Fire Chief, new Lifeguard trucks, new fire hose nozzles, in-progress refurbishments to the department's headquarters and even new administration's bureau leadership, as well as the return of the Support Services Division, it's been an incredibly good month for the department, potentially more exciting than ever!

As we move in to summer, we're going to see more and more wildfires spark up, as well as more swimmers on our coasts! It's once again the time of the year to be more vigilant than ever. Each member of this department has been absolutely crucial to the ever-expanding work that we do, pushing ideas through and being helpful in any way possible. Show us your best again, or better in July!

With our goodbyes and thanks given to our previous dedicated leader, Fire Chief Issac Hunter, a new leader was needed for the department. Someone with the same courage, dignity and passion as he had was needed to fill those shoes, with that being said - Randy Sikes made a perfect fit, and as of the 30th June 2020, he was officially sworn in to the office of the Fire Chief.

A huge congratulations is in order for Chief Sikes who will now take the department in to it's next era of leadership, we're expecting to see a lot of changes and new things to come and wish him well in his endeavours! We thank Deputy Chief Victor Hanegen for his efforts in temporarily leading us in to said new age in Fire Chief Sike's absence during the transitioning period.

In line with the latest modern fire standards, the department has upgraded its fire hose nozzles! They’ve been custom-made in chromium by the same engineers who built most of our fleet, so that they can match our rigs!

They’re based on the ‘Combination C52 Active Fire Nozzle’ model, this nozzle can vary in flow rate between 140, 240, 340, and 400 litres per minute at a pressure of 1.6 megapascal, it’s very effective in putting out fires at both short and long ranges as everything is variable.

Our old nozzles that were in use and served us for over a decade, the Akron PDQ Hose made of brass and coated in chrome, have been donated to our nearest local fire history museum where they’ll be able to see further life in educating young people and families who come to visit and learn about the history of our department and many others like it! When these will be on display is at this time uncertain.

The Los Santos County Lifeguards have been working hard out on the sandy beaches of Vespucci and in doing so have captured the attention of many! With all the attention that’s been gathering around the lifeguards, both they, and the main figures of the department hoped for better visibility that they’re a division of the Los Santos Fire Department.

Given the wanted visibility and other problems faced from our last members of the fleet assigned to the lifeguards, the yellow Declasse Grangers have now been replaced with ‘FD Red’ Declasse Yosemite trucks, purpose-built all-terrain vehicles that are the perfect choice for driving on sand down to patients both safely and swiftly!

They've been decked out with backboards, torpedo buoys, among many other useful tools such as puncture repair kits, pressure gauges, dampening blankets, shovels, rope retention pulleys, basic life support kits and much more!

With the Support Services division re-opening, what better division to feature in this newsletter?! Below is a statement from it's current divisional leadership, Roxie Bauer as seen in the photo above.
Captain II Roxie Bauer:
"It is with great pleasure to announce the re-opening of the Support Services Division. With the current climate of MVA's happening internally within the LSFD, this was a joint effort and i'd like to thank Mark Gillis and Chris Lawrence for their dedication and motivation to help get the division back up and running. It will be a long process to get the division where it needs to be but I am confident that this time round will be different. We have experienced people within the Division and are currently taking on entry level mechanics, that being already Career Firefighters and Civilian Staff.

I'd like to say a special thank you to QuickFix Automotive Garage for handling our repair and inspection requests over the course of the past couple of months. This is a relationship I'd still like to keep on-going in that they might be used as a back-up when no members of the Support Services Division are around. The garage has shown a great interest in maintaining our fleet and have learned a lot about some systems they previously did not know about. I wish the garage all the best in the future and thank you again for your hard work.

So for anyone interested in joining the division at all, feel free to contact me!
"

Every month a lifeguard spokesperson will be able to speak on behalf of their division informing everyone in the newsletter what the lifeguards have been up to and where they're headed. See below for what they had to say!
Head Lifeguard Ami McKenna:
"I’m very proud to have worked with the Public Relations team to get the Los Santos County Lifeguards a section within the monthly newsletter. A large goal of mine has been to really emphasize the importance of cooperation, teamwork and friendship since our arrival into the department. I’m hoping that this section each month will give the entire department an insight into the work we have done to integrate into your already established and very much beloved Fire Department, and reassure you that the faith placed in myself and my Beach Captains was the correct decision for the betterment of our community. I hope this provides the opportunity to recognize the hard work, passion and commitment my team has placed into this division as well as highlight those that deserve commendation for all that they do on and off-duty.

This month we sat down with members of our team, from trainees to volunteers to certified lifeguards and Beach Captains, to discuss issues, concerns and ideas that anyone may have had. A massive part of what makes the Lifeguards special is that we very much push the concept of, “You have a voice, your opinion matters and we /will/ listen”. As Lifeguards is still a relatively new development, we are constantly adapting and changing things where we feel there is room for improvement. Our aim is to be viewed as a pillar within the community. We want every person we meet to walk away with a positive encounter even in the face of danger. To view the Lifeguards as a necessity going forward into the future of San Andreas.

We are always accepting members of the Los Santos Fire Department to head down the beach and offer their services as a volunteer. You can email me with a letter of interest should you wish to help us grow. The Los Santos Fire Department has become our home and we will consistently try to pay back the faith that was shown in us when we brought this idea to the table.

One State, One Department, One Family.
"

Awards

This award is obtainable by being voted as the Firefighter of the Month in monthly Supervisory discussions. This month we congratulate the following person:

Engineer Taylor Porter

This award is obtainable by being voted as the Lifeguard of the Month in monthly Lifeguard supervisory discussions. This month we congratulate the following person:

Lifeguard John Weltmann

In contrast to Firefighter of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown during Firefighter Probation. This month we congratulate the following person:

Probationary Firefighter Ester-Zelia Ferraz

In contrast to Lifeguard of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown from a trainee Lifeguard. This month we congratulate the following person:

Lifeguard Lilith Seong

This award is given to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for three consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Engineer Kurt Holland

To the end of every month members who are due a promotion are discussed by all Supervisory members of the Los Santos Fire Department. Members who have shown dedication, enthusiasm, maturity and have completed the requirements of their rank, are recommended for promotion before Chiefs of the department make the final decision.

To the end of every month, members who are due a promotion are discussed by all Supervisory members of the Los Santos Fire Department. Members who have shown dedication, enthusiasm, maturity and have completed the requirements of their rank, are recommended for promotion before Chiefs of the department make the final decision. Below are the members who have successfully received promotions!

Probationary Firefighter to Firefighter I
  • Mark Gillis
  • Gary Young
  • Elena Estrada
  • Arnold Angel

⠀Firefighter I to Firefighter II
  • Thomas Versace
  • Jonathan Fjellhol
  • Jennifer Wilson

⠀Firefighter II to Firefighter III
  • Aloona Haruna

⠀Firefighter III to Engineer
  • Taylor Porter

⠀Captain I to Captain II
  • Olivia Taylor
  • Ashleigh Huston

⠀Captain II to Battalion Chief
  • Roxie Bauer

⠀Assistant Fire Chief to Fire Chief
  • Randy Sikes

Below is listed our current number of members at each rank in the Los Santos Fire Department.

⠀Chief Officers:
  • Fire Chief: 1
  • Assistant Chief: Vacant.
  • Deputy Chief: 1
  • Battalion Chief: 2

⠀Company Officers:
  • Captain II: 2
  • Captain I: 3

⠀Non-Commissioned Staff:
  • Engineers: 4
  • Firefighter III: 4
  • Firefighter II: 4
  • Firefighter I: 11
  • Probationary Firefighters: 8
  • Voluntary Firefighters: 3
  • Civilian Staff: 6

⠀Lifeguards:
  • Head Lifeguard: 1
  • Beach Captains: 3
  • Lifeguard: 3
  • Lifeguard Trainee: 3

⠀Fire Marshals:
  • Chief Fire Marshal: 1
  • Deputy Chief Fire Marshal: 1
  • Senior Fire Marshal: 1
  • Fire Marshal: 2

Total members: 64

Every month the chief leaves his own statement at the end of every newsletter taking an overlook of the department from his perspective, below you can find what he had to say this month.
Fire Chief Randy Sikes:
"Good morning, everybody.

As most of you know, I was on absence for most of the month and have spent the last week catching up on things. I have some pretty important announcements! First off, the Support Services Division has been reactivated under the command of our newly promoted Battalion Chief Roxie Bauer. They are looking for mechanics, so if you're handy and have some free time, consider joining to help out with our vehicle maintenance.

My second announcement is that we have finalized an agreement with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department to provide mutual training and cooperation between us and their Emergency Services Detail. The final agreement will be posted so everyone is aware of what's in it. This includes several things for us, including opening a Tactical Emergency Medical Services team. We'll be expanding USAR's capability to include explosive ordnance disposal with this agreement as well.

Thirdly, I have a small announcement about our purchase requests for new trucks. We have five new engines on order, two rescue trucks, and a hazmat truck. They have been on order for several months and we should be expecting them soon. We're in the process of requesting additional vehicles to replace our aging fleet and I will announce it when we have ordered them!

Lastly, I would like to thank Chief Hunter for everything he did for the department over the last several years. He stepped up in the face of a crisis and guided us through a very difficult time and we owe him all the thanks in the world. I would also like to thank Deputy Chief Hanegen for stepping up at the Interim Fire Chief while I was on absence.

I hope everyone has an amazing month and let's all work hard!
"

Deputy Chief Hanegen also provided a statement for his time as the Interim Fire Chief.
Deputy Chief Victor Hanegen:
"Firstly I would like to thank our former fire chief Issac Hunter for all the hard work and dedication he put towards the Los Santos Fire Department. Without him, this department wouldn't be what it is today. I wish his successor and my colleague Randy Sikes the best of luck in becoming our new fire chief. My experience as interim chief has given me a new perspective and hopefully with the experience behind me, I can help steer the department in the right direction. Lastly, I want to thank our captains and battalion chief. They are backbone of this department."
Created by the Public Relations Division. Thanks for reading!

Facebrowser | Press Releases | Join us!

Kurt Holland
Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Station 3

Re: [JUN 2020] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Kurt Holland » 01 Jul 2020, 15:45

Congratulations, everyone.
"THE SUPERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS RIGHT; THE INFERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT WILL SELL." — CONFUCIUS Image

Victoria Johnston
Retired

Post by Victoria Johnston » 01 Jul 2020, 15:49

Congratulations to all! A new chapter begins...
FIREFIGHTER II/PARAMEDIC
LS COUNTY LIFEGUARDS
PUBLIC RELATIONS
STATION SEVEN
EL BURRO, LOS SANTOS
VOLUNTEER LIFEGUARD
PUBLIC AFFAIRS CONSULTANT

Aloona Vetrova
Captain I

Post by Aloona Vetrova » 01 Jul 2020, 15:54

Congratulations everyone!
Aloona Vetrova
Captain I - Station Seven
Badge: #26909
Assistant Director of Recruitment - Training & Recruitment
Junior Inspector - Internal Affairs
Repairman - Support Services

Serving since 16th March 2020
[+] Awards
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Jess Williams
Retired Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Station 1

Post by Jess Williams » 01 Jul 2020, 15:59

Congrats to all!

Thomas Brown
Firefighter I

Post by Thomas Brown » 01 Jul 2020, 16:21

Well done all!

Manuel Hernandez
Civilian

Post by Manuel Hernandez » 01 Jul 2020, 17:10

Congratulations all!

Taylor Porter
Retired

Post by Taylor Porter » 01 Jul 2020, 17:16

Big congratulations to all of you, and thanks to PR for yet another great newsletter.
Captain II Taylor Porter
Station One, Paleto Bay
Urban Search and Rescue Officer & Canine Search Leader
Los Santos Fire Department — "Serving with Courage, Integrity and Pride"

Ami McKenna
Civilian

Post by Ami McKenna » 02 Jul 2020, 02:29

Awesome work to all involved and massive credit to Fredster and the PR guys for putting this together. Top quality content as per!

Ami McKenna
Chief Lifeguard . Internal Affairs

Los Santos County Lifeguards | Los Santos Fire Department