Randy Sikes
Assistant Chief
Primary Assignment: Special Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Headquarters

[SEP 2020] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Randy Sikes » 02 Oct 2020, 21:43

⠀⠀LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT⠀⠀
⠀⠀MONTHLY BULLETIN NEWSLETTER #27 - SEPTEMBER - 2020 ⠀⠀

Welcome to the twenty-seventh monthly newsletter!

September has been one big fire call for the Los Santos Fire Department, the department has responded to roughly twenty structure fires through-out the month.

This month the department has seen a large new group of recruits come from the academy with roughly ten people passing through both the EMT-B Course and Fire Academy. This month the Public Relations Divsion has started up a new project called the 'Day in the Life' where every rank within the department will be interviewed by a member of the Public Relations Divsion to get an inside look on what their rank duties/responsabilites consist of. We speak to Training & Recruitment about the on-going efforts within the division and we take a break from talking to the Lifeguards as things begin to quiet down on the beaches of Los Santos.

The department has to plan to slow down with the forward momentum it has gained through the past months and will continue to push through any tough path.

⠀⠀ Probationary Firefighter - Day in the Life
Written by: Isabel Lopez
Published: 22/SEP/2020

For our first 'Day in the Life' project, we have met with Probationary Firefighter Alice MacCarthy. The duties of a Probationary Firefighter consists of responding to medical and fire calls as well as completing the Field Training Program. After graduating from the Fire Academy candidates are offered a job within the Los Santos Fire Department to become a Probationary Firefighter, this the lowest sworn in rank that the Los Santos Fire Department has but is a necessary step on the way up the career ladder.

The first thing a Probationary Firefighter would do after clocking on shift is doing a service check of their SCBA or Self Contained Breathing Apparatus to ensure the equipment is working as required. The check would consist of checking if the mask seal is tight enough to ensure no oxygen is leaking from the mask as well as checking oxygen levels of the tank. After they have checked over their SCBA they then check over the Rescue Ambulance they might be working in that shift. They check over all the equipment inside to make sure they have enough of each product such as bandages, medical tape etc.

In order for a Probationary Firefighter to proceed in their career to advance to a Firefighter One, they must complete four Field Training Program patrol with a Firefighter One or above, Maintain Duty Logs, Keep a clean disciplinary record and obtain an EVOC Class B which stands for Emergency Vehicle Operation Certification, There are three different types of Classes of EVOC, Class A, B and C. EVOC Class A is given to those who have passed the class and are now able to operate a Fire Engine, next would be EVOC Class B which is given to those who have passed the class and are now able to operate a Rescue Ambulance and lastly EVOC Class C is only given to Training Instructors and Lifeguards since EVOC Class C is for operating the SUV Trucks.

While patrolling with Probationary Firefighter Alice MacCarthy we were dispatched to an agency request where the Los Santos Police Department requested an Engine and Rescue Ambulance for a vehicle they were chasing had run into a wall during the pursuit. Our Engine crew secured the vehicle and cut off the battery connection to ensure no sparks are given off that may ignite any fluids that had leaked after the vehicle had collided with the wall. While our Engine crew dealt with the vehicle our Probationary Firefighter Alice MacCarthy went and attempted to administer aid to the victim where the victim refused air to which the Los Santos Fire Department does allow only if the victim isn't in any life-threatening danger, anyone who refuses the aid needs to sign a refusal of medical aid form that states that the medical team attempted to give aid to the victim to which they declined.

⠀⠀ El Burro Structure Fire
Written by: Isabel Lopez
Published: 09/SEP/2020

The Los Santos Fire Department received multiple 911 calls at approximately 22:03 on the 4th of September stating that a house was on fire at El Churro Boulevard cross of Sustancia Road. Fire Station 7 was right around the corner and firefighters arrived on scene within minutes of the call.

Upon arriving on the scene, Engine 71 and Quint 71 began defensive operations to protect the surrounding structures as the fire had progressed very rapidly. Additional crews from Station 3 arrived on scene, and the Incident Commander switched from defensive to offensive operations after all exposures were secured. Multiple crews of firefighters entered the building to conduct search and rescue, and fire attack operations. No victims were found in the building and firefighting crews quickly extinguished the fire, which had originated on the first floor. Fire knockdown was declared at 22:27.

Fire Marshals are still looking for a cause to this fire. Any other questions should be forwarded to the Public Relations Statement Request box.

Units Dispatched: PR-22, BC-2, RE-35, USAR-31, E-71, Q-71, MEDIC-71, RA-72 and RA-73.
TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT DIVISION
Every month we feature a division in which the division's leader can make a statement on exciting upcoming things and accomplishments.
Captain Archie Lannon:
""The Training and Recruitment division is dedicated to training the next generation of Firefighter/EMT's and Paramedics for the LSFD. With dedicated front-line staff the division is in charge of bringing new blood to the department, as well as keeping the entire department up to the highest standards of Firefighting and Emergency Medical Services.

With the newest in training and techniques, TnR runs the Los Santos Fire Academy, recently established by the City and the Department this year in 2020 to establish standardized and efficient training protocol. Instructors teach their years on the job to brand new candidates, preparing them for the many challenges they'll face in their public service career. The Division is also dedicated to constant updating of EMS protocol based on new studies and more efficient techniques, making sure the LSFD continues to be one of the leaders in the EMS field for years to come.

Recruitment staff are in charge of finding the next generation of candidates to go through the Academy, and eventually find themselves on the front-line of saving lives in the City of Saints, the division is constantly growing, much like the Department it helps build. It's a vital division on the front lines of keeping standards high, consistent, and efficient."
"

Awards

Throughout each month, various awards are issued to show accomplishments and certifications that have been accumulated through hard work and dedication, find below the awards that were issued this month!
[+] Firefighter Awards
Firefighter Awards

This award is obtainable by being voted as the Firefighter of the Month in monthly Supervisory discussions. This month we congratulate the following person:

Firefighter I Jefferson Kay

In contrast to Firefighter of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown during Firefighter Probation. This month we congratulate the following person:

Probationary Firefighter David Garner

Awarded to those who have successfully served the Los Santos Fire Department for six consecutive months. This month we congratulate the following people:

Captain I Kurt Holland
Firefighter III Aloona Vetrova

Awarded to those who have successfully passed the State mandated Basic Life Support course and gained the EMT-B license. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter I David Garner
Probationary Firefighter Elaine Springfield
Probationary Firefighter Alice MacCarthy
Probationary Firefighter Scott Palmer
Probationary Firefighter Isabel Lopez
Probationary Firefighter Jackie Kerwood
Probationary Firefighter Clarke MacKay
Probationary Firefighter Michael Collins
Probationary Firefighter Amelie Wolff
Probationary Firefighter Ryan Kennedy
Probationary Firefighter Howard Gaines

Awarded to those who have successfully completed the Class A Emergency Vehicle Operator Course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter III Chris Lawrence
Firefighter I Michael Wilber
Firefighter I Samantha Lee
Firefighter I Sergio Velazquez
Firefighter I Caroline Jenkins
Firefighter I Jefferson Kay
Firefighter I Ai Ando

Awarded to those who have successfully completed the Class B Emergency Vehicle Operator Course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Firefighter I Michael Wilber
Probationary Firefighter Alice MacCarthy
Probationary Firefighter Scott Palmer
Probationary Firefighter Geun Ryu
Probationary Firefighter Isabel Lopez
Probationary Firefighter Jackie Kerwood
Probationary Firefighter Clarke MacKay
Probationary Firefighter Michael Collins
Probationary Firefighter Amelie Wolff
[+] Lifeguard Awards
Lifeguard Awards

In contrast to Lifeguard of the Month, this award is given in recognition of outstanding performance shown from a trainee Lifeguard. This month we congratulate the following person:

Trainee Lifeguard Amy Maddox

Given upon successful completion of the Basic Life Support course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Trainee Lifeguard Ai Ando

Given upon successful completion of the EVOC Class C course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Given upon successful completion of the Jetski / Seashark course. This month we congratulate the following people:

Trainee Lifeguard Dante Rosenberg
Trainee Lifeguard Scarlett Fox

To the end of every month, members who are due a promotion are discussed by all Supervisory members of the Los Santos Fire Department. Members who have shown dedication, enthusiasm, maturity and have completed the requirements of their rank, are recommended for promotion before Chiefs of the department make the final decision. Below are the members who have successfully received promotions!
[+] Firefighter Promotions

⠀Probationary Firefighter to Firefighter I
  • Jefferson Kay
  • Sergio Velazquez
  • Ai Ando
  • Caroline Jenkins
  • David Garner

⠀Firefighter I to Firefighter II
  • Kenneth Boyd
  • Arwen Conway
  • Aaron Hafsteinsson
  • Samantha Lee
  • Nick Deimous
  • Patrycja Lipska

⠀Firefighter II to Firefighter III
  • Jess Williams

⠀Firefighter III to Engineer
  • Jennifer Wilson

⠀Engineer to Captain I
  • Cain Sanderson

⠀Captain I to Captain II
  • Leonardo Holman

Below is listed our current number of members at each rank in the Los Santos Fire Department.

⠀Chief Officers:
  • Fire Chief: 1
  • Assistant Chiefs: 0
  • Deputy Chiefs: 0
  • Battalion Chiefs: 4

⠀Company Officers:
  • Captain II: 3
  • Captain I: 2

⠀Non-Commissioned Staff:
  • Engineers: 4
  • Firefighter III: 8
  • Firefighter II: 7
  • Firefighter I: 12
  • Probationary Firefighters: 17
  • Voluntary Firefighters: 3
  • Civilian Staff: 4

⠀Lifeguards:
  • Chief Lifeguard: 1
  • Lifeguard Captains: 1
  • Lifeguards: 2
  • Lifeguard Trainees: 4

⠀Fire Marshals:
  • Chief Fire Marshal: 1
  • Deputy Chief Fire Marshals: 1
  • Senior Fire Marshals: 3
  • Fire Marshals: 5
  • Probationary Fire Marshals: 2

Total members: 85

Every month the chief leaves his own statement at the end of every newsletter taking an overlook of the department from his perspective, below you can find what he had to say this month.
Fire Chief Randy Sikes:
"Hello, everybody.

Of course, like always, I'd like to congratulate everybody who's on the list for promotion or received an award this month. You've all worked super hard and have deserved it!

I have several announcements for this month. Our new ambulances have been purchased and are currently bein outfitted with our paint scheme for the department. They will be arriving shortly! This month, expect Brush 1, Brush 2, and SWR 1 to be retired and replaced with improved vehicles. The Vapid Caracara's that we've had for so long are also looking at major improvements and paint scheme updates. We'll talk more about that soon. Our Quints will stay in service for awhile longer as we search for a viable replacement.

Last month, I spoke about updating our radio communications policy. Expect this policy to come out shortly along with an update to our department's callsign system to be more aligned with the station that each vehicle is assigned to. We also have several other small regulation updates that will be rolling out this month, so be prepared for that.

I'm very happy with the performance of this department recently, you've all served with the utmost professionalism and dedication and I can't thank you all enough. We keep progressing forward as a department and that's all thanks to you.
"
Created by the Public Relations Division. Thanks for reading!

Facebrowser | Press Releases | Join us!

Pillsbury

Re: [SEP 2020] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter

Post by Pillsbury » 02 Oct 2020, 21:44

congratz everyone!

Kurt Holland
Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Bureau
Station Assignment: Station 3

Post by Kurt Holland » 02 Oct 2020, 21:44

Congratulations, folks!
"THE SUPERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS RIGHT; THE INFERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT WILL SELL." — CONFUCIUS Image

Rosetta Castano
Retired
Primary Assignment: Public Relations Division
Station Assignment: Headquarters

Post by Rosetta Castano » 02 Oct 2020, 21:50

Woooo congrats people

ASST. DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS | Rosetta Castano
[email protected]
Phone Number: 456-456

Isaac Puentes
Retired