â €
⠀⠀LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀PRESS RELEASE - Remembering those of 2020⠀⠀ ⠀
â €
⠀⠀ Remembering those of 2020 ⠀
â €
Written by: Alice MacCarthy
Published: 28/12/2020

2020 has been a year of prosperity for the Los Santos Fire Department, celebrating successes, innovating, educating and continuing our promise to serve the community of Los Santos with Courage, Integrity and Pride. A promise made since the Departments founding in 1886. However, as 2020 draws to a close, the department spends time to reflect and remember those colleagues lost along the way.

In 2020, the Department has said goodbye to many colleagues along the way who have departed us for pastures new. But, not always do they leave us by choice. Many are killed in the line of duty, killed whether through an accident on the job or murdered whilst attempting to do their job for the community. This year, the Los Santos Fire Department has lost six Firefighters. Six colleagues. Family members. Who clocked in to their shifts with the prospect of returning to their families after. But, never got the chance to do so.

In this Press Release, the Department would like to remember them.

Captain Laura Murphy - April 26th, 2020
Cause Of Death: Flammable Explosion, Line of Duty

Captain Laura Murphy lost her life in the Line of Duty when a tank containing flammable was shot causing an explosion assisting on a call. She has be consistently remembered by her colleagues through charitable efforts, with Engineer Anna Degtyarev running two marathons in her memory back in July with the most recent being the Northern District Marathon in November. Across events, Anna has managed to raise $673,692 for charity in Laura's name.

Probationary Firefighter Sakura Wanatabe - 30th July, 2020
Cause Of Death: Suicide, Line of Duty

Probationary Firefighter Sakura Wanatabe lost her life when she attempted suicide on duty, the Los Santos Fire Department received a call from on duty Los Santos Police Department Officers about a Firefighter intending to jump off the Maze Bank Tower. Despite efforts to save her life from colleagues, Firefighter Wanatabe shot herself in the head to end her life. The Department fell under intense scrutiny from Media and in response to this incident brought a change in Mental Health Support for Firefighters in active service with the Department beginning to employ more Psychologists alongside Mental Health Screening.

Probationary Firefighter Amelie Wolff - October 13th, 2020
Cause Of Death: Kidnapping, Line of Duty

Hopeful Probationary Firefighter Amelie Wolff lost her life when she clocked off from her shift at Station Seven in El Burro Heights on the night of 13th of October, 2020. She was kidnapped from outside of Station Seven and taken out to the county by the assailants, while the motives remain unknown. Despite efforts from the Los Santos Fire Department and Los Santos Police Department, Firefighter Wolff lost her life in the events following her abduction. Following this event, the Los Santos Fire Department has begun working more closely with the Los Santos Police Department to ensure the safety of the agencies stations and educating it's employees in safely commuting to and from work.

Captain Cain Sanderson - October 26th, 2020
Cause Of Death: Plane Crash, Line of Duty

Captain Cain Sanderson lost his life in active Line of Duty during a plane crash in Blaine County. Despite efforts of Firefighters from across Battalion 1 and 2, Cain lost his life when the plane was engulfed. Cain Sanderson was a respected member of the Los Santos Fire Department leading Aerial Operations as well as being a Training and Recruitment member.

Ex-PR Director Freddy Mellet - November 23rd, 2020
Cause Of Death: Health Complications, Lung Cancer

Ex-PR Director and Firefighter Freddy Mellet lost his life after a long. But, difficult battle with Lung Cancer. Despite not being in active service with the Los Santos Department and working for Los Santos Government. Freddy remained a much loved member of the Los Santos Fire Department family, frequently visiting Station Seven in El Burro Heights days after his departure until the days preceding his death. PR Director and Firefighter II Alice MacCarthy along with close friend and Ex-Fire Marshal Brendan Vano along with other members of the State Fire Marshals ran the Northern District Marathon in his memory.

Firefighter I Torstein Lindström - November 27th, 2020
Cause Of Death: Ambulance Crash, Line of Duty

Firefighter I Torstein Lindström lost his life in active Line of Duty after his ambulance collided with a Pedestrian vehicle outside of Station Three in Davis whilst responding to a 911 call. Despite efforts of Firefighters from Station Three attending the scene, Firefighter Lindström was transported to hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries. Lindström was a much loved member of the Los Santos Fire Department also serving within the Public Relations division and working part time as a Lecturer for the University Los Santos San Andreas (ULSA).

Know that, despite now stepping into 2021, Firefighters lost in 2020 will remain in our thoughts, prayers and memories for the many years to come. The department will continue to stand with their families and continue to stand with our community. As always, the Los Santos Fire Department always ask for the privacy of the Firefighters families to be respected.

The Firefighters Prayer

When I am called to duty, God, whenever flames may rage;
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child before it’s too late
Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling to give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor and protect their property.
And if, according to my fate, I am to lose my life;
Please bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.

Firefighter II/AEMT Luca "Lucas" Anderson

Former Deputy Fire Marshal II (Bonus) Alex "Jorge" Jorgensen
Ret. Volunteer Firefighter #49041
  • Information