â €
⠀⠀LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀Probationary Alyssa's First Week⠀⠀ ⠀
â €
⠀⠀ Probationary Alyssa's First Week ⠀
â €
Written by: Edgars Gudlevskis
Published: 29/01/2021

The Los Santos Fire Department periodically brings in Probationary Firefighters to serve the citizens of Los Santos. Today, an exciting opportunity presents itself as the public will get an in-depth look at Probationary Firefighter Alyssa Rivera's first week with an exclusive interview.

Alyssa casually agreed to discuss her first week within the Los Santos Fire Department at Station 7. We sat down with her for an extended period of time to see how her first week was going. She provided us with all of the details with the hopes of inspiring the public and shining a positive light on her experience so far.
Interview Transcript â €
What are some of the things that you have done in your first week?
" I've been focused on memorizing guidelines and procedures. Gaining experience within the department has been extremely useful, but experienced firefighters have been super helpful in guiding me and teaching me. "

Have you had a favorite moment so far?
"The best thing about the Los Santos Fire Department so far is the positive working environment. It's been exciting and it seems like one big family here. My favorite moment has been being able to help and serve the public in new ways. I love the fact that I have the opportunity to shine a light on someone's dark day and tell family members that their loved one is going to be okay.

It's really amazing to be able to help somebody out, cheer them up, and tell them that everything is going to be alright.
"

Have you changed since joining the Los Santos Fire Department?
"I feel like I have a new reflection and perspective on life, and how fragile it is. I understand now how quickly things can change. There are unfortunately people out there that are looking to do harm to others. I remain focused on living every day to the fullest, even after joining the Los Santos Fire Department. I expect to continue my journey and I'd imagine that I'll continue changing my perspective with more time in the Department."

What would you say to public citizens that may be interested in joining the Los Santos Fire Department?
"I absolutely encourage people to join the Los Santos Fire Department. My experiences have been extremely positive and we're like a really big family. Don't expect it to be easy, it's going to be a challenge. The process of overcoming those challenges is rewarding and it motivates me to continue. I really do believe that I came out of the academy as a better person and I think anyone else will also realize if this if they have the right mindset and perspective. "
â €
Firefighter II/AEMT Luca "Lucas" Anderson

Former Deputy Fire Marshal II (Bonus) Alex "Jorge" Jorgensen
Ret. Volunteer Firefighter #49041
  • Information