(( [Reinstatement] Keira Lance -> Vivienne Harvey ))

Ellie Ohara
Senior Paramedic
Primary Assignment: Emergency Medical Services Bureau
Station Assignment: Station 52

Reinstatement Application
Section I - Personal Information
1.1 First Name: Vivienne

1.2 Last Name: Harvey

1.3 Birthdate: 05/JUN/1987

1.4 Gender: Female

1.5 Phone Number: 06280002

1.6 Address of Residency: Room 309 of Richman Hotel, Los Santos, San Andreas - temporary accomodation for the forseeable future.

Section II - Employment History
2.1 Former Rank: Civilian Recruitment Officer - can't remember the specific rank, however. Believe I may have been a Senior.

2.2 Date inducted: 17/JUN/2021

2.3 Date of Resignation/Termination: 01/SEP/2021

2.4 Reason: Resignation

2.5 Desired Rank: Civilian Recruitment Officer

Section III- Employment Information
3.1 Why should Los Santos Fire Department accept your reinstatement ?:

I'm extremely well seasoned, per se, in administration, but particularly recruitment in general. I've been a part of various recruitment systems over the years over the course of different servers, dating back to early 2015. It's something that I'm extremely passionate about, and that I'm determined to be able to do right now that things are going smoother for me on a more personal level. I have a keen eye for detail and I'm lucky enough to be sat in a position where I do not let potential bias cloud my judgement of people when looking at them from a different perspective as to what I may be used to. I spend a lot of my time at my computer, and so I'm usually available as and when, something which I believe will be an additional bonus.

3.2 Why do you wish to rejoin the Fire Department?:

As mentioned in my previous response, I've spent a long time in FD - not just on GTA World, but other servers as well. It's always been something I've enjoyed. It brings me that sense of community, and it gets me doing something that I love with people that I find I can get along with. The reasons as to why I initially left were out of my control at the time, but I feel as if I'm ready to get back into the saddle and prove both to myself and those around me that this is something I'm ready for. I've strayed away from my usual characters as of recent, and have instead bought this character back as a continuation from an old server that I used to play on. Her development was always extremely interesting to me but, for the reasons mentioned in her character story, got unfortunately cut short by in-character events. I'm extremely looking forward to hopefully being given the chance to revive this development and begin a new era for said character.

3.3 What have you been doing since your discharge from the department?:

A lot. Most of it has been focused around sorting myself out personally and making sure that I'm in the right headspace to deal with GTA World and everything that comes with it for me. Since my last tenure, I took a prolonged period of time away from the server before returning for a couple of months. My break then continued, and I ended up fully returning on June of this year. I've since moved out of living with relatives, and now live with a couple of housemates elsewhere, something which has helped me a lot when it comes to finding myself and becoming more independant. I've been in a new type of therapy that I'm still undergoing, but it's been working specifically on targeting traumas that were interfering with my ability to play previously. While I still have a long way to go in my journey to mental and physical recovery, I've come to learn how to differentiate stuff and deal with negative emotions in a way that isn't unhealthy either to myself or those around me. I've been slowly getting back into everything I loved doing previously - writing, roleplaying, listening to music etc., I suppose working on building myself back from the ground up.

Section IV - Declaration & Statement
By submitting this request, I, Vivienne Harvey, hereby certify that all questions contained in this document were met with truthful statements. I fully authorize investigation of any content shared on this document. I am aware that lying, omitting, plagiarizing or maliciously adulterating this application will result in immediate denial and indefinite ban from future recruitment drives. I hereby declare that I understand that the Los Santos Fire Department's acting Chief officer may discharge me at will with or without cause and that I may resign from the department at any time. I acknowledge that I must participate in an academy or private training session and pass a written exam before practicing any medical practices. In the event of employment, it is further acknowledged that I may not exercise any medical practices or techniques that were not taught in academical sessions, for it would be practice of illegitimate medical practice, if it is legally proven that I have done such I agree and understand that it may be used against and face dishonorable discharges plus criminal charges.

Date: 10/SEP/2022
SIGNATURE:

Section V - OOC Information
5.1 Please provide an IC background story for your character (200 words minimum): Vivienne Harvey was born in Chicago on June the 5th, 1987, currently making her around 35 years old.

Vivienne was born as the second eldest to her parents, with one older sister, Theresa Harvey, and two younger brothers - Alex Harvey and Thomas Harvey. Growing up, she often found herself trying to parent both Alex and Thomas, taking after the way that she had seen Theresa look after herself. While both of her parents were usually around, Vivienne found most of her comfort and solace with her siblings, who all seemed to share almost a silent understanding between eachother of things that went on in their lives.

As they continued to grow, the aforementioned fell apart, albeit oblivious to Vivienne at the time. At the age of 23, Vivienne had graduated as a Paramedic, with Alex and Thomas following not long behind her, instead as Firefighters. Despite their busy lifestyles, the group would constantly keep in touch with eachother.

Things were going good - Vivienne had a stable relationship, stable job, a kid on the way, not really much else you could ask for, even if it was pretty tough going sometimes. She had enrolled to be a part of helping to train and supervise new recruits for the job, nothing of which could have made her happier at the time.

However, everything changed on the day that her fiance at the time, Richard Espenson, committed suicide following the death of his own Father. Vivienne's entire world had fallen apart in that day, and she soon became buried in work in an attempt to try and overcome the events witnessed on that day.

Nonetheless, as it does, life goes on, and around a year after that, Vivienne found herself dating a fellow Paramedic, Michael Rook, who helped Vivienne raise her daughter through a time where she couldn't do so herself.Michael and Vivienne shared an odd bond between them. Michael had actually been there the day that Richard killed himself, being the only other witness present other than Vivienne. A lot of their relationship was built on this shared memory. Eventually, however, the memories of such along with the pressures of the job lead Rook to also take his own life a mere couple of years after.

Vivienne was devastated. She couldn't understand how everything had fallen apart. She believed that she must have had a part in all of this - two in a row just seemed like too much to be a coincidence in her eyes. Consoling in her sister primarily, Vivienne was able to find her way back onto her feet.

For a couple of years, until she was about 31, things were back to being as normal as they could have been considering the years prior to that. Vivienne was doing well at work, although she still struggled to find herself a healthy balance between work and family life. Alex and Thomas had since quit their jobs, with Thomas buried in his own struggles, and Alex having left the City for reasons that Vivienne never found out about.

That was when the news came in. Much like Richard and Michael had done all of those years before, Theresa now had decided to take her own life following a breakdown in her relationship while pregnant, quoting that the stress of life itself had simply got too much. Vivienne felt alone. It was around the same time that she got diagnosed with breast cancer and, while it was still only in her only stages, it was at this point that Vivienne started believing there was nothing left for her anymore.

Only agreeing to see a therapist after work forced her to, Vivienne had changed from the person she once was. She became a lot more isolated, even at work, and would quite often unnecessarily spend money hiring babysitters, as she found being around her daughter, Lizabeth, beyond tough at that time.

One day, after treatment, Vivienne came across a Police Officer - Ryan DaSilva. He'd just checked off shift himself after having dropped a suspect off at the Hospital, and had come knocking on Vivienne's car window asking for help. To what she considered a nuisance at the time, Ryan asked her for help with cleaning his t-shirt, as it was covered in blood and his washing machine was supposedly broken.

Much to Vivienne's surprise, it turned out Ryan actually lived in the exact same apartment complex as her, however many, many floors down from where she was residing. Time passed, and things got easier again with the help of the therapist alongside the fact that she was eventually deemed clear of any cancer left in her body. While she was still reluctant when it came to trusting people, and still had a lot of grief she hadn't yet processed, she was starting to find it easier to deal with and process.

Her relationship with Ryan only continued to grow as well, and eventually they made the decision to give dating a go. They got engaged, and later married, giving birth to Vivienne's first son, Carl DaSilva. Vivienne made the decision not to take Ryan's last name, as she felt it was something she wanted to hold onto, and was something she highly valued and took pride in.

Despite Vivienne and Ryan's conflicting work schedules, they were able to work things out between them most of the time. There was often some tension between the two, merely as a result of work day stress half of the time, but it was normally figured out a day or two from the point where it started.

Once again, however, things didn't stay that way for long. On the 13th of December, 2020, Vivienne was called out to an area that was well known for its gang activity. PD were already on scene, but just as Vivienne and her partner were getting ready to transfer the patient onto the gurney, PD made a sudden leave after an emergency was called in over their radio, supposedly figuring that Vivienne and her colleague were done with what needed doing. Loading them up into the back of the unit, Vivienne made the decision to take a shortcut through to one of the Hospitals, away from the advised route of that area. It was at that point that a black Rancher started following them through, which Vivienne didn't really pay much mind to, admitting that it wasn't exactly unusual for that sort of area.

It wasn't until they pulled into the Hospital that Vivienne heard the sound of gunshots. There was no time to react at all. That day, Vivienne's colleague along with the patient lost their lives. Vivienne survived, but barely, having taken a shot to the head that would've been the determining factor of her entire life turning upside down, more than it had already done so in the past.

Vivienne remembers little to no details of that day. She was in Hospital for months, having to learn how to walk and communicate properly again after it left her with co-ordination difficulties. This, along with having to deal with frequent migraines and the memories of what had happened, eventually lead to her being forced to retire from the department, no longer deemed fit for duty as a Paramedic.

Vivienne was left with a lot of survivor's guilt, and a huge strain was placed on her and Ryan's relationship. Vivienne refused to leave the house and, despite being home all of the time, found herself barely able to take care of either Lizabeth or Carl. Ryan only agreed to continue staying with Vivienne if she agreed to at least try and talk to someone about what she had gone through, but Vivienne was more reluctant than she ever had been, essentially seeing no point to a past that would repeat itself in the future.

A year since the incident passed, and Vivienne's PTSD was only getting worse and worse. Despite managing to get out of the house a couple of times, any loud noise would send her completely back into her shell. Feeling written off by everybody she knew, including herself, Vivienne saw no other way out of where she was at that moment. There wasn't much, if any, of a trace from who Vivienne had been before that day.

Eventually, Vivienne took heed to Ryan's words, and started seeing an EMDR therapist who worked to try and begin bringing Vivienne to a more safer place than she was in. At first, getting her to communicate was impossible, but she gradually began to open up about how she felt and how she had perceived everything going on around her.

Months into the therapy, Vivienne and Ryan decided it'd be high time to move out of Chicago. There were too many memories there, and Ryan felt it'd perhaps be benefitial for Vivienne to learn of a life outside of the City that had taken hers away. Through a lot of hard work and slip ups, Vivienne has slowly been able to recover small pieces of her life, albeit there's still a vast difference from before.

Vivienne has now got to the point where she feels ready and willing to look for work again in an attempt to support her kids and her Husband, but also to try and see if she can ever fully get herself back to the person she used to be. While she understands that field work is a permanent write off for her, she is still more than capable of working administratively, something that she used to be highly praised for back in the day. She's looking for something she knows she can do and, while currently not necessarily confident in her own abilities, is striving to prove a point not only to herself but to those around her as well that things can improve.

5.2 Post an unedited screenshot of your administrative record for your account : ACCESS

5.3 PROVIDE THE /STATS AND UCP INFORMATION OF ALL YOUR CHARACTERS:
Keira Lance - STATS, UCP
Madison Elwood - STATS, UCP
Ellie Marshall - STATS, UCP
Vivienne Harvey - STATS, UCP
Twig Iverson - STATS, UCP

5.4.1 Are you currently in any other factions on any other characters?: Yes, I am.
5.4.2 If so, Please link proof of approved double faction permissions: ACCESS

5.5 Please provide the reasons that lead you to resign from the faction initially.
At the time, I was going through a lot of stuff on an out of character basis. A lot of stuff was catching up with me, and I found myself in a state that left me both mentally and physically unable to cope with GTA World and roleplay in itself, as I found that, at the time, it was acting as a prime trigger of those memories. Since then, I have been undergoing intense therapy that has given me an entirely new perspective on things and has, in itself, given me a fair portion of my life, and myself as a person, back. I am now in a much better place to cope with those memories and emotions, and I have been back on the server for a while, as I wanted to ensure that I was able to make things work out before attempting to send in a reinstatement.
Kurt Holland
Retired Battalion Chief
Primary Assignment: Los Santos County Lifeguards
Station Assignment: Headquarters

Reinstatement Received
Ms. Harvey,

Your reinstatement application has been RECEIVED by the Los Santos Fire Department. Your reinstatement application has been forwarded to the LSFD Command Staff for review. Your application will have a response within 72 Hours. Contacting any member of the Company or Chief Officers about the reinstatement could result in the application being denied.

Regards,
Kurt Holland
Battalion Chief, Los Santos Fire Department.
Assistant Chief of the Special Operations Bureau.
"THE SUPERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS RIGHT; THE INFERIOR MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT WILL SELL." — CONFUCIUS Image
Valerie Parker
Lifeguard Section Chief
Primary Assignment: Operations Central Bureau

Reinstatement Accepted
Ms. Harvey,

Your reinstatement to the Los Santos Fire Department has been ACCEPTED by the Command Staff. We are offering you the rank of Civilian Recruitment Officer. If you would like to accept or submit any questions or concerns, please privately message LSFD Management. You will receive your new badge and uniform upon the next visit to LSFD Station Two - Rockford Hills with a Command Staff member.

Regards,
V. Parker
Lifeguard Chief Valerie Parker
Los Santos Fire Department
Lifeguard Section Chief Valerie Parker
Lifeguard Tower One
Los Santos County Lifeguards
  • Information